The third time using the pattern was such a breeze. It helps when the Minnie Mouse image is all over the place so I don't have to line up everything. It messed me up the second time since I didn't notice the pattern turned upside down as the big rectangular piece is sewn from top of the basket and folds up towards the end.
This time I actually made a decent mattress to include with the basket (pink with stars). The first attempt at the mattress and pillow came out a disaster - nothing was rectangular and it was a little lopsided. This time I took my time by basting the batting and material layer first to help keep everything straight. I cheated with the pillow and just made the case first by sewing right sides together, flipped it and stuffed it with leftover batting scraps.
The blanket is using up the leftover material from the outside fabric and interior fabric of the baby doll basket.
Hopefully no more baskets in the near future. It's time to work on something new for the kids!